Lower Ascent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Zhu Gong Bao Qi'

5 posters

Go down

'Zhu Gong Bao Qi' Empty 'Zhu Gong Bao Qi'

Post by Katazynka Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm

title is in Pin Yin. It's a Cantonese drama, but that up there is Mandarin.

anyway, i don't know if anyone here has heard/watched this drama, but my mom certainly has. this is the FIRST DRAMA that i've ever known/watched that contains ABSOLUTELY NO LAUGHING/SMILING/HAPPY BACKGROUND MUSIC

i mean, i have no idea what the storyline's about because i don't speak cantonese and i can't read chinese to save my life. but all i know is that the whole thing's VERY disorganized and waaaay too depressing. every time i walk past the living room my mom's sitting in the rocking chair eating dried fruit watching a screen plastered with people ARGUING or CRYING, and there's plenty of china-smashing too.

usually when i watch dramas (which is to say, when my mom watches dramas), there's at least some happiness/laughter/smiling going on. all the Taiwanese dramas my mom's watched have pretty much the same lovey dovey storyline, all the Korean ones are all basically about unrequited love going on between people of differing social statuses. and as depressing as the storyline is, the characters at least LAUGH or SMILE at some point, sane or not.

mommy's currently watching like, the last few episodes. i've asked her if anyone's laughed or smiled yet because i certainly haven't seen anyone do either of those things. and her response?

"-LONG PAUSE-"
'well did they?'
"uh, no i don't think so"

so then i switch gears.

i said that i only have one mom, and if i lose my mommy to such a depressing drama, who will i have to take care of me?
not only does she say no, she LAUGHS at me and says that i probably don't care what dramas she watches anyway.

at which point i tell her that of course i care, because she's my mommy and she's my 'qin ai de ma ma'.
to which she says 'oh ni bie pai ma pi'. don't know how many people know what that means, but basically she tells me to stop complimenting her.

anyway back to this GREAT DRAMA.

so uh, you'd expect asian names from an asian drama, right?
all the Taiwanese/Korean/Japanese dramas/movies i've ever watched (or my mom's ever watched) have Taiwanese/Mandarin/Korean/Japanese character names.
There's the occasional English name, but there's also an asian name for that individual.
but this GREAT DRAMA? oh, no way! they have uh, 'Terrence' and 'Calvin' and 'Melissa' and 'Jessica' and 'Iris' and a bunch of other English names.
IN MY OWN opinion, i think it feels weird when i'm speaking mandarin and i suddenly say an english word, then go back to speaking mandarin.

I haven't watched many Canto dramas, so i'm only saying this about this particular one.

so yeah. if you guys know this drama/any other dramas that basically revolve around the pain and suffering of all the characters in it, you'll probably know what i'm talking about.
if not, that's cool too.
Katazynka
Katazynka

Back to top Go down

'Zhu Gong Bao Qi' Empty Re: 'Zhu Gong Bao Qi'

Post by Socks Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 pm

So it's an emo drama? .D.
This is why I won't watch dramas, soap-operas, or any of that "crap".
Socks
Socks

Back to top Go down

Post by Katazynka Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 pm

^no everything happens in brightly lit rooms.
and everyone lives in mansions 5 times the size of my house.

XD

from what i've gathered, i'd assume the drama's about some business company. though i can't be sure.
all i know is that two golfers were talking in code about some business-related issue while two girls in pink uniforms stood behind them doing nothing.
Katazynka
Katazynka

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvangs Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey! You said my name! 8DD
THe ones you mentioned up there are nigger names, by the way. D:

Calvangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Katazynka Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:53 pm

:l
Terrence: English. Derived from a Roman family name
Calvin: English. Derived from a French surname
Melissa: English/Ancient Greek
Jessica: English. Believed to be derived from the Biblical name 'Iscah', first used in this form [Jessica] by Shakespeare
Iris: Greek, English, German, Dutch, French

no, i don't think so
Katazynka
Katazynka

Back to top Go down

Post by Burnedmagix Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:47 pm

is it one of those dramas where everybody wears asian clothes of like 1600s?

The drama's my mom watches are usually
Romances, extremely old shit, and sometimes dramas with sweet fight scenes.

Burnedmagix

Back to top Go down

Post by Katazynka Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:48 pm

:l all asian dramas set around/before the 1500s are basically about people that do stupid shit and get caught and they get saved by mongols/ninjas before they get executed, while all asian dramas set after the 1500s are basically about stupid shit in general.

but no, this GREAT DRAMA is set in the present
Katazynka
Katazynka

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabeh Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 am

It's basically ¨The Young and the restless¨ but in cantonesse...

Gabeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum